Wednesday, February 8, 2012

How can I find out onlie if my published book is listed in "Books in Print"?

I self-published my book and the agency that gave me my ISBN number said that they'd list it in Books-in-Print. I searched through Borders and Barnes %26amp; Noble to see if it would come up (because they list all books in print in their inventory) and it never does. How can I find out that it is actually listed in Books in Print without actually subscribing to Books in Print? Or can anyone check for me? The title is "Sitting...at His Feet: When Standing Isn't Enough".|||If it has an ISBN then it's in Books in Print. Try Amazon.





Okay, I tried Amazon myself and found:





Sitting...at His Feet: When Standing Isn't Enough by Nakia K. Hall (Paperback - May 12, 2007)





Congradulations!|||You can try searching on Amazon for it, if your press said it would be there.





It might take some time for your book to be listed in Books-in-Print, though. It depends on how frequently they update their listings.





Try going to a bookstore and asking if they have the electronic B-i-P listings and if they'll look up the book for you. I don't know of any other way to do it, except to wait until next year's B-i-P comes out in print, so you can check that.

No comments:

Post a Comment