Saturday, February 4, 2012

Best way to keep a list of books read?

I currently have a Microsoft Word document listing all of them, and I'm just wondering if there's a website or other computer program that would be better than what I currently have set up. All I want is to be able to list the book, its author, and whether or not I've read it before.





Also, I want to create a list of books that I want to read. I would like to do this on a website or with an iTunes app. This would just be title of book and/or author and a brief note about why I want to read it (prefereably being able to organize it into categories based on why I want to read it, for example: classics). It would be really nice if I could input the title of the book and have the program present me with the ISBN #, bookcover, etc (like through a google search or something).





Thanks!|||This is my favorite program since I am a book lover too:


http://www.bolidesoft.com/allmybooks.htm鈥?/a>





I hope you'll like it too|||You have just described goodreads.com perfectly! You can create lists of books you have read, want to read, and are currently reading. You can create "shelves"/ tags to sort them such as romances, sci-fi, horror, series, fantasy, or however you want. For searching for books, you can look at listopia for books with the same characteristics or genre, such as elves or shipwreck fiction, or search with authors names or ISBN. It also has bookcovers (actually all bookcovers, if the books have more than one bookcover. Mostly classics are like that).

Additional: you can befriend authors that also have goodreads accounts, receive free giveaways, rate books you have read on a 1-5 scale, take quizzes and trivias, and join group discussions.



Edit: I just realized you're the same person I keep answering this question to...

No comments:

Post a Comment