Friday, January 27, 2012

Same textbook, different ISBN number?

The textbooks that my college sells are very expensive. I have tried to look for the same books online, using the ISBN number. I either can't find these books or they are more expensive online. But when I search for the book using the title I find the same exact book (with the same cover, the same authors, etc) but with a different ISBN number. Are the two books the same; Is the school using a different ISBN number to get us to pay for an expensive book, or do the schools get a different edition of the book than what is available online?...|||The best place to get textbooks is http://www.buysellcollege.com





It's actually even cheaper than renting in some cases.|||It could be the more expensive one comes with supplementary CD's or workbooks or access to online material, while the other is just the book. I have seen that happen. If I were you, I'd call your university's bookstore and ask if that book comes with extra material, and if they offer any used textbooks. Or e-mail/call the professor for the class that the book will be used in and ask them if there is a difference between the two, and provide links to them so they can see the difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment