Friday, January 27, 2012

Calculus Textbook with odd ISBN?

I'm considering purchasing a college textbook second-hand but the ISBN on my college's website does not match. Actually, when I type in this ISBN on google, only a couple of sites match it, and they show no image for the cover, and list the bundle as a whole.





It is listed as the same edition, from the same author, the book from my college's website is $360, but it includes 2 study guides and a DVD.





Does the bundle change the ISBN? I've been looking through Amazon for textbooks, and half of the ISBN numbers do not match, but when searching for the author, title, and edition, they pop up just fine. I'm noticing a pattern, like my English book being bundled with a dictionary, and my chemistry 2 book being bundled with whatever the heck an OWL is.





The person selling me this book tells me it comes with the 2 guides and DVD, I'll be meeting him in public, but my bookstore is closed for the weekend and I'm not feeling paying $360. I know this should be common sense, but I want to be a little more confident before buying.





Thank you in advance!








P.S. I'm looking at:





CALCULUS: EARLY TRANS FUNCTIONS W/2 SOL GUIDES,DVD,MAPLE 10


The ISBN for this on my college's website is: 9780547005744


The ISBN on the book the person is trying to sell to me is: 978-0618606245





They are both listed as from Larson, 4th edition|||I would try searching for it using http://www.bigwords.com I found the second isbn you listed on there for only $78.





Hope this was of help.|||I think this is a fairly common text. Why not try ABEBOOKS.Com? They have weird and wonderful things. You might actually find it.The bundle will change the ISBN.

No comments:

Post a Comment